Eye Health: Fuchs' Dystrophy

Featured Videos

Premier Practitioners

Dr. Shyam Patel

Dr. Shyam Patel

MD Cataract, Cornea, & Refractive Surgeon
Fairfield, NJ
William Hogue

William Hogue

New York, NY
1 - 1 of 1 results

All Videos

In Fuchs' dystrophy, fluid builds up in the clear layer (cornea) on the front of your eye, causing your cornea to swell and thicken. This can lead to glare, blurred or cloudy vision, and eye discomfort.

If you are looking for information on Fuchs' Dystrophy you should consider seeing either an optometrist or ophthalmologist.

Optometrists diagnose and treat eye diseases and vision problems. If you are having problems with blurred vision, they can perform eye exams to identify any problems in your vision as well as potential eye conditions, such as diabetic retinopathy or macular degeneration. Optometrists can prescribe many of the most common treatments you'll need to correct your vision, including eyeglasses with prescription lenses.

An ophthalmologist is a doctor of medicine who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the eye, in addition to diagnosing systemic disease that manifest in eye signs or symptoms.  Examples of this are diabetic retinopathy, wet and dry macular degeneration, glaucoma, cataracts, keratoconus and dry eye.  If you are looking for vision correction, asking your local ophthalmologist is a great place to start.  Since ophthalmologists perform operations on eyes, they are considered to be both surgical and medical specialists.

QA Chat