Eye Health: Dry Eye

Featured Videos

1 - 1 of 1 results

All Videos

If you are looking for dry eye treatments you should consider seeing either an optometrist or ophthalmologist.

An Optometrist diagnoses and treats eye diseases and vision problems. If you are having problems with blurred vision, they can perform eye exams to identify any problems in your vision as well as potential eye conditions, such as diabetic retinopathy or macular degeneration. Optometrists can prescribe many of the most common treatments you'll need to correct your vision, including eyeglasses with prescription lenses.

An ophthalmologist is a doctor of medicine who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the eye, in addition to diagnosing systemic disease that manifest in eye signs or symptoms.  Examples of this are diabetic retinopathy, wet and dry macular degeneration, glaucoma, cataracts, keratoconus and dry eye.  If you are looking for vision correction, asking your local ophthalmologist is a great place to start.  Since ophthalmologists perform operations on eyes, they are considered to be both surgical and medical specialists.

QA Chat