Ms. Nanci Guest Bio
2012 - present Currently working on PhD in Nutritional Science, Genetics and Athletic Performance at the University of Toronto. Nutrigenomics is an emerging science that will have significant implications for the athletic population, with direct applicability to dietary and supplement recommendations based on individual genotypes.
1995 - present Owner - Power Play: Fitness Nutrition Performance (Vancouver, BC / Toronto, ON)
• Sport Nutrition Services: Local and international consulting provided to coaches and athletes of all ages and levels, including professional and National-level athletes; create resource materials for the International Olympic Committee, coaches, team doctors, support staff and athletes
• Dietitian/Nutrition services: computerized dietary analyses; individual, family and team counselling; diet plans, grocery store tours and development of information resources
• Personal Training: in-home, health club and outdoor personal training services (all ages and fitness levels)
• Exercise Prescription for Special Populations: supervision and fitness program design for special groups/conditions i.e. heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, obesity, pregnancy, post-physiotherapy rehabilitation, children and older adults
• Strength and Conditioning Coaching to Athletes: training a variety of sport disciplines and strategies for competition to athletes of all ages and levels
• Seminars/Presentations: international fitness/dietetic conferences; to athletes, coaches, and various health professionals; to high school/ university/college students, as well as to the general public; topics include advanced sports nutrition, general nutrition, and various health and fitness topics
• Food Product Development: food industry research and development; developed award-winning Optimum® Post-Exercise Recovery Cereal for Nature’s Path® (sold in 8 countries in 2006)
• Articles / Educational materials: national/local publications, websites, newsletters, schools/textbooks – sport nutrition, fitness, nutrigenomics
• Preventive Health Programs – aid in development of health promotion and disease prevention/management programs (through diet and exercise) to include obesity, diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis and other chronic conditions
• Media Services– TV, radio, webcast, written interviews for various publications in print and online
July 2014 – present (Toronto, Canada) Pan Am / Para Pan Am Games 2015 – • Sport nutrition consultant, Athlete’s Village Medical Center on call dietitian
June 2014 – present (Canada) Clif Bar Canada • Senior Sport Dietitian rep • Scientific advisory, media, events, resource development
March 2012 – Jan. 2014 (Canada, USA, Bulgaria, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Norway) Russian Olympic Committee – Nutrition Consultant for Russian National Winter Sports Teams (approximately 150 athletes) in preparation for Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics • International travel to athlete training camps • Sport nutrition and supplement presentations to coaches, athletes, medical staff • Individualized dietary analyses, diet and supplement program for each athlete • Strength and conditioning program assessments
January 2011 – July 2012 (Canada, USA) Canadian National Women’s Field Hockey Team – Team Dietitian • Traveling with athletes, menu planning, competition preparation (Pan Am 2011, London 2012) • Sport nutrition and supplement presentations to coaches, athletes, medical staff • Individualized dietary analyses, diet and supplement program for each athlete
February 2008 – present (Toronto, Ontario) Pure Fitness - Personal Training and Registered Dietitian Services to club members
May 2006-March 2010 (Vancouver/Whistler, BC) Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Games - Director of Sport Nutrition; Head Dietitian • Lead team of volunteer dietitians to prepare for, and service the 2010 games • Research food and nutrition services from past games • Provide nutrition education to food service staff • Athlete’s Village preparation • Menu planning, food labels, special diets, food safety • Ensure food quality, accessibility and variety for athletes • Plan for and carry out nutritional consulting services at Medical Polyclinics – during the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic games • Co-Author of the IOC Nutrition Working Group’s official athlete’s nutrition guide - a reference for dietitians/nutritionists/coaches during the 2010 and future games
October 2001 - present (lecture bi-annual Vancouver, BC, Toronto, Ontario) Canadian Diabetes Association - Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) Certification Course Presenter for “Diabetes and Exercise” module to educate health care professionals on exercise prescription for patients at their diabetes, heart disease and obesity clinics.
December 2007 – December 2009 (Markham, Ontario) Advantage for Athletes – Strength and Conditioning Coach and Sport Dietitian to over 150 athletes age 10-21 years. Dietitian and personal training services to parents of athletes.
March 2004-May 2006 (Vancouver/Abbotsford, BC) - University Instructor
University of British Columbia - School of Human Kinetics • HKIN 489 (Sports Nutrition)
University of the Fraser Valley - Kinesiology and Physical Education Department • KPE 260 (Introductory Nutrition); KPE 460 (Disease & Nutrition; Sports Nutrition)
Vancouver Canucks NHL Hockey Team - Sport Nutritionist • Sports Nutrition Seminars – new players • One-on-one nutrition consulting • Development of Resource materials (recovery, fueling, supplements, general sports nutrition)
EDUCATION / DIETETIC QUALIFICATIONS
• PhD Candidate (Nutritional Sciences/Genetics/Exercise Performance) University of Toronto – 2016 (estimated year of completion)
• Sport Dietitian Authorized Provider - Coaching Association of Canada - 2013
• Registered Dietitian Member of the College of Dietitians of Ontario - 2011 Member of the College of Dietitians of British Columbia – 2008 Member of Dietitians of Canada - 1999
• Master of Science (Human Nutrition) University of British Columbia – 2004
• Completion of 18 Exercise Science credits (six 3rd/4th year courses) - School of Human Kinetics (Exercise Physiology/Bioenergetics/Health and Fitness) University of British Columbia – 2002
• UBC Dietetics Program: completion of course requirements for dietetic internship University of British Columbia – 1999
• Bachelor of Agricultural Science - major: Animal Science University of British Columbia – 1995
NUTRITION / FITNESS / ATHLETIC CONDITIONING CERTIFICATIONS
• National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA-USA) - Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
• Canadian Fitness Professionals Inc. (CANFITPRO) - Certified Personal Trainer
• British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association - Certified Personal Trainer
• American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) – member
• Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP) – member
• Professionals in Nutrition for Exercise and Sport (PINES) - member
• 2014: Genetic testing for personalized nutrition. Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine
• 2005: Dietary Restraint and Stress Fractures in Women Runners. International Journal of Sports Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism. Volume 15 (2), page 147-159.
• 2011: Co-author - Nutrition Guide for Youth Olympics. International Olympic Committee
• 2009: Co-author - Nutrition Guide for Olympic Athletes. International Olympic Committee
• 1997-Present: Columnist: Fitness Trainer Canada, Fitness Business Canada, Vancouver View; Frequent Articles: Oxygen, Chatelaine, Impact, Juice, Shape, Active Woman plus various local newspapers/publications, newsletters and numerous websites/blogs
If you are looking for local services or treatment in the office or hospital from a Registered Dietitian, contact a provider such as ( Ms. Nanci Guest ) with this phone number to inquire if they are accepting patients or you need a referral. Phone number to book an appointment 416.873.3312The speaker in the video may have no association with ( Ms. Nanci Guest, Registered Dietitian, Toronto, ON ). ( Ms. Nanci Guest, Registered Dietitian ), may talk about some of the conditions and some of the treatment options shown in the videos on HealthChoicesFirst. Always talk with your health care practitioner about the information you learnt from the videos in regards to treatments and procedures the healthcare practitioner could perform and if they would be appropriate for you. Remember good information is the corner stone to understanding your condition or disease.Please contact ( Ms. Nanci Guest, Registered Dietitian, Toronto, ON ) to enquire if this health care provider is accepting new patients.
Ratings for Ms. Nanci Guest, Registered Dietitian, Toronto, ON
– Take a look at your local options in Toronto
If you are the practitioner featured on this page and would like to either update the current information or claim the page please take advantage of our patient and physician resources here.
If on the other hand you would like to be removed for whatever reason from the directory please click here.
This content is for informational purposes only, and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.