CPAP Therapy is considered the first-line therapy for moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea, based on it's effectiveness in correcting respiratory events, related arousal's and improving morbidity.
- We provide a free trial period of 4-6 weeks offered to patients, including the mask
- 1 to 1 1/2 hour consult to initiate therapy.
- We offer the largest choice of equipment in the Lower Mainland.
- We prepare our patients with sufficient knowledge to ensure maximum success. This knowledge base profoundly affects success.
- Requisitions may be sent via FAX and SLEEPTECH will ensure patient begins therapy. Patient's may be "set-up" in their home at no extra charge
Patient's follow-up will include overnight oximetry
Annual complementary consult provided to ensure continued usage
Progress report sent to physician at 1 month
- Subjective/objective compliance
- Side effects incurred/actions taken to alleviate symptoms
- Interface utilized/other trials with interfaces
- CPAP unit
- Humidifier utilized
Most extended health benefit plans cover 80% of CPAP therapy. SLEEPTECH is able to directly invoice many of these plans. All plans require a physician's letter describing in detail patient's condition and prescription. Sample letter may be provided by request. Some plans require pre-CPAP overnight test.