Vancouver Optometry. Vancouver Eye Care
- At Dunbar Eyecare we offer the following services:
- Comprehensive eye examinations
- Contact lens fitting/re-fitting including bifocal, astigmatism and complicated fits
- Computer vision
- Surgical co-management including refractive laser and cataract
- Assisting with choosing eyeglass frames and consultation on lens selection
- Adjustment and repair of eyeglasses
Automated visual field testing
The eye examinationconsists of a comprehensive assessment of your visual system including refractive error, binocular function, internal and external eye health. Eye drops are routinely used during the exam to aid in the assessment of internal eye health. Recognizing the differences between individual patients, the examination is customized to each person to address specific needs and answer all questions in a manner that is not rushed. Please allow 45 minutes to one hour for the exam.
As of November 19, 2001, B.C. Medical Services Plan no longer includes routine eye examinations for people between the ages of 19 and 64 inclusive, unless there are specific medical indications; for example: diabetes, ocular disease, and those taking medications associated with significant ocular risk. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding coverage.