Interested in improving your smile? Composite bonding offers a simple method of restoring your smile to its original beauty and even improving upon nature. Your dentist can actually enhance your smile with bonding (a form of cosmetic dentistry) for a wide variety of restorative applications. What Is Composite Bonding?
Composite bonding is one of the most conservative, versatile and affordable ways to aesthetically restore a multitude of dental cases. Your dentist uses this natural-looking, synthetic material to:
- Restore cavities in front and back teeth
- Replace old or unattractive "silver fillings"
- Repair root abrasion (on roots exposed by gum recession or notched by years of aggressive brushing). Covering these areas helps prevent cavities and root sensitivity, and improves their appearance.
- Close diastemas (spaces between the teeth)
- Restore chipped or fractured teeth
- Improve or change the color of permanently stained or discolored teeth
- Reshape crooked or misshapen teeth
Bleaching is simply a method of lightening teeth. It involves the application of a bleaching agent to enhance the whitening effect.
If you are not happy with the color of your teeth, then you may be a candidate for bleaching. It is okay to want brighter teeth!Your smile is one of the most important aspects of the way that you present yourself to others. If lighter teeth will help you feel more self-confident and assured about your appearance, then it is well worth the time and effort. Coloration of teeth has always been an important feature of one‘s smile.