Related Treatment Videos
Nutrition plays an important role in growth and development, health promotion, disease prevention, and the treatment of illness.
- According to Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating:
- Enjoy a variety of foods
- Emphasize whole grain cereals, breads and other grain products, vegetables and fruit
- Choose lower fat dairy products, leaner meats
- Limit salt, alcohol and caffeine
- Achieve and maintain a healthy body weight by regular physical activity and overall healthy eating
- Food provides the energy needed for our daily activities and eating well helps maintains one’s health.