Related Treatment Videos
What is a Pedorthist? A pedorthist is an individual who is trained in the assessment, design, manufacture, fit and modification of foot appliances and footwear for the purposes of alleviating painful or debilitating conditions and providing assistance for abnormalities or limited actions of the lower limb.
At Kintec Footlabs, our pedorthists first possess a Bachelors Degree in Kinesiology or Health Sciences, and then follow an extensive in-house residency program. Upon completion, these individuals must then successfully complete examinations by the Pedorthic Association of Canada to become certified medical professionals.
The pedorthist provides devices and footwear to assist in:
• Accommodation of foot deformities;
• Re-alignment of anatomical structures;
• Redistribution of external and internal forces;
• Improvement of balance;
• Control of biomechanical function;
• Accommodation of circulatory special requirements; and,
• Enhancement of the actions of limbs compromised as a result of accident, congenital deformity, neural condition, or disease.