Benefits of Massage Therapy during Pregnancy:
- Eliminates waste products in the lymphatic and circulatory systems, which combats fatigue and increases energy
- Alleviates muscular discomforts, such as cramping, tightening, stiffness, tension, and knots.
- Helps carry away the lactic acid that builds up in muscles and causes fatigue.
- Can relieve depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes.
- Relieves many of the normal discomforts during pregnancy, such as backaches, a stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches, edema, and sore, swollen ankles and feet.
- Increases local and general blood circulation, which brings more oxygen and nutrients to the cells of both the mother and fetus. Meaning greater vitality and less fatigue for the mother and better nourishment for the baby.
- Helps to soothe and relax nervous tension allowing for better sleeping patterns.
- Can be used during childbirth to make the mother more comfortable, and afterwards to help her regain strength and ease postpartum stress.
Post-Natal Massage Therapy
Post-natal massage helps to reduce muscle tension and fatigue and addresses the physical strain that results from carrying and caring for a newborn. Treatments decrease muscular pain associated with breastfeeding and poor posture and reduces scar tissue formation after a c-section. Our RMT's will help you rehabilitate muscular imbalances and weaknesses that result from pregnancy.
Maternity Massage Table
With a padded adjustable stomach cradle, our maternity massage table allows the expecting mother to lay comfortably on her stomach at any stage of pregnancy. As well, it allows a mother who has had a c-section or is nursing to lay safely and comfortably on her stomach during the massage.